SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Question & Answers About Ehraam

The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Admin CaLmInG MeLoDy's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,367 Times in 868 Posts
      Mentioned
      1038 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7966 Thread(s)

Question & Answers About Ehraam

Things to Beware of While in State of Ihram
      Question#6

What are the things that the Muhrim needs to be aware of?

The Muhrim (one in state of ihram) must be aware of nine things which the scholars have mentioned and these are:

1. Cutting (any) hair;
      2. Cutting/trimming the nails;
      3. Applying perfume;
      4. Wearing (any) stitched garment;
      5. Covering the head;
      6. Hunting game;
      7. Sexual intercourse;
      8. Entering into the contract of Nikah;
      9. Touching one's wife sexually.

All of these are impermissible for the Muhrim until he comes out of the first state of ihram (during Hajj), whereby all of these are permissible except sexual intercourse. So, when he comes out of the second state of ihram, sexual intercourse becomes permissible.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Majmu' Fatawa Samahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz - Volume 6, Page 97, Fatwa No.49

Had Wet Dream While Asleep in Mina
      Question#7

I performed the obligatory Hajj and one night, while I was in Mina, I had a wet dream and was unable to make the ghusl. So, is there anything required of me?

Having a wet dream while in the state of ihram for the Hajj or the 'Umrah does not affect the Hajj nor the 'Umrah, so they are not invalidated. Whoever experiences this should make the ghusl for the janabah after waking up from the sleep, if he saw semen, and there is no expiation upon him because having the wet dream was not out of choice. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.
      --
      The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fatawa
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 64

While in Ihram, Played with Hair & Some Fell Out
      Question#8

I have a habit of playing with my hair when I am thinking. After I had entered the state of ihram, I forgetfully did this and some hair fell out. Do I have to make an expiation?

There is nothing required of you due to that which Allah mentions regarding the believers that they said:

{Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error…} [Noble Quran 2:286].

And Allah has responded to their request as it has been mentioned on the authority of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) that Allah said:

((I have done (this))). Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Sahih.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 58

Is it Permissible to Change the Ihram (in Order) to Wash it?
      Question#9

Is it permissible to change the ihram (in order) to wash it?

There is no problem in washing the ihram (clothing) or changing it and using (other than that) a new or washed ihram (clothing).
      --
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Majmu' Fatawa Samahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz - Volume 6, Page 96, Fatwa No.45

Ruling Concerning Changing the Clothing of Ihram
      Question#10

Can a person change the clothing of ihram in order to wash them?

There is no harm in washing the clothes during the ihram. There is no harm in exchanging them for others and putting on new or washed clothing.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Mar'ah

Applying Perfume on Ihram Before Making Intention
      Question#11

What is the ruling regarding applying perfume on the ihram before making the intention and the talbiyah?

It is not befitting to apply perfume on the ihram, rather, the sunnah is to apply the perfume on the body such as the head, the beard and the armpits, and other such places. As for the ihram, then do not apply perfume on them for that which the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: ((Do not wear clothing which has been 'touched' by az-za'faran or al-wars (i.e. types of perfume).)) So, the sunnah is to apply perfume on the body only and as for the ihram, then perfume is not to be applied on it. And if it has been, then it is not to be worn until it is washed or changed (for a cleaner one).

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Majmu' Fatawa Samahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz - Volume 6, Page 96, Fatwa No.46

Regarding One Who is in Mina on 8th Day of Dhul-Hijjah
      Question#12

What is the ruling about the one who was in Mina before the Day of Tarwiyyah (8th of Dhul Hijjah)? Does he enter Mecca and enter the state of ihram (there) or does he enter the state of ihram in Mina?

For the one, who is in Mina, it is legislated for him to enter the state of ihram in Mina and all Praise is for Allah. There is no need to enter Mecca, rather he should pronounce the talbiyah for the Hajj from where he is, if its time has arrived.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Majmu' Fatawa Samahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz - Volume 6, Page 96, Fatwa No.47

Shaved Armpits While in State of Ihram
      Question#13

A man entered the state of ihram for 'Umrah, and after that he remembered that it is obligatory to shave the armpits, so he began to shave them while in the state of ihram. Then he proceeded for the 'Umrah. We request that you explain the ruling (for this) and may you be rewarded.

Shaving the armpits or plucking (its hairs) is not obligatory to enter the state of ihram. Rather, it is recommended to pluck the hairs or remove them with something clean before entering the state of ihram, as it is recommended to trim the moustache and nails and shave the pubic hairs if required (i.e. if they have sufficiently grown and need to be trimmed or cut). It is not imperative this be done once having entered the state of ihram, rather it is enough if he does so before entering the state of ihram at home or on the way. And there is nothing upon the one who remembers to shave his armpits to do so, since he is ignorant of the Shari'ah ruling (regarding this). And similarly, for the one who has entered the state of ihram then forgetfully does any of that which we have mentioned as Allah says: {Our Lord, do not take us to account for that which we do forgetfully or mistakenly} [Surah al-Baqarah, Ayah 286]. For that which has been confirmed on the authority of the Prophet (peace be upon him), is that Allah has responded to this supplication

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Majmu' Fatawa Samahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz - Volume 6, Page 96, Fatwa No.48