SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Question & Answers About Hajj

The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Admin CaLmInG MeLoDy's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,367 Times in 868 Posts
      Mentioned
      1038 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7966 Thread(s)

Question & Answers About Hajj

Making Hajj with Haram Money
      Question#1

What is the ruling regarding someone who performed Hajj with money which was haram, i.e. from the profits of selling (illegal) drugs. Then sending tickets for Hajj to his parents and they perform Hajj, knowing that this money has been gathered from the sale of (illegal) drugs. Is this Hajj acceptable or not?

The performance of Hajj with money which is haram does not prevent the Hajj from being correct, but with sin in accordance with the haram profits and a reduction in the reward for the Hajj. But it does not invalidate it. And with Allah lies all the success, and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fatawa, comprising -
      Head: Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz ibn 'Abdullah ibn Baaz;
      Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaq 'Afifi;
      Member: Shaykh' Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 43, Fatwa No.13619

Making Hajj While Having Outstanding Loan to Pay Off
      Question#2

A Muslim wanted to perform the obligatory Hajj while having an (outstanding) loan, so if he were to seek permission from the loaners and they permitted him to perform the Hajj, would his Hajj be acceptable?

If the situation is as you have mentioned, with the permission of the loaners to perform Hajj before completing payment (of the loan), then there is no problem in performing the Hajj before completing the payment (of the loan). And there is no affect (upon the Hajj) for being a borrower from them in such a situation. And with Allah lies all the success, and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Head: Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz ibn 'Abdullah ibn Baz;
      Member: Shaykh' Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan;
      Member: Shaykh 'Abdullah ibn Qu'ud
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 46, Fatwa No.5545

Employee of a Bank Wishes to Perform Hajj Using His Earnings
      Question#3

I am an employee at a bank, so is it permissible for me to perform Hajj from my earnings?

Working in a bank which deals with riba is not permissible. This is because it is assisting in sin and evil. And also, the Prophet (peace be upon him) cursed the one who ate/benefited (akil) from riba, as well as the one responsible (for the transactions), the witnesses (to the transactions) and the one who writes (the transactions). Therefore, the employee in reality is assisting the bank, even if he is just a (bank) clerk. So he is cursed according to the text of the hadith. Based upon this, the wage he earns is haram, and it is not permissible for him to eat/benefit from it and nor to perform Hajj with it. This is because the (performance of) Hajj requires pure/good earnings from halal (sources), however, if he has (already) performed Hajj, then his Hajj is correct/sound but with sin (attached to it, i.e. lesser in reward).

--
      Shaykh Ibn Fowzan
      al-Muntaqa min Fatawa Fadhilatush-Shaykh Salih Ibn Fowzan - Volume 4, Page121, Fatwa No.123

The Hajj of One Who Does Not Pray
      Question#4

What is the ruling concerning the one who performs Hajj while he has abandoned prayer, either intentionally (because he believes he doesn't have to) or due to neglect? Is his Hajj acceptable?

Whoever performs the Hajj while he does not pray because he believes it is not obligatory, then he has committed kufr by consensus and his Hajj is not accepted. However, if he does not pray out of laziness and neglect, then in this (case) there is a difference of opinion amongst the people of knowledge. From amongst them are those who view his Hajj as correct, and (likewise there are) those who view his Hajj as incorrect. And that which is correct is that it is not accepted for that which the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

((The covenant that is between us and them [the disbelievers] is the prayer. Whoever abandons it has committed kufr)), and He (peace be upon him) also said: ((Between a man and disbelief and polytheism is the abandoning of the prayer)). And this is general and encompasses both one who believes it is not obligatory and one who does not pray out of laziness or neglect. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 15

Made Hajj When I Was Ten Years Old
      Question#5

I performed Hajj when I was ten years old and, once again, when I was thirteen years old. So, do both of these Hajj's constitute the obligatory Hajj?

The Hajjs' as mentioned suffice the obligatory Hajj if they were (performed) after you became of age, either by the excrement of semen through a wet dream, or the appearance of pubic hair around the pubic region. This is because the male and female become of age by either of these two occurrences. Also, reaching the age of fifteen years and beginning the menstrual cycle in the case of women. And with Allah lies all the success, and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Head: Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz ibn 'Abdullah ibn Baz;
      Member: Shaykh' Abdullah ibn Ghudayyaan
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 11, Page 23, Fatwa No.10938