SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Amir Khan wants Pakistani boxers to bring home Olympic medals

Threads
      Thanks
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      9 Thread(s)

Amir Khan wants Pakistani boxers to bring home Olympic medals

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan-origin boxing champ Amir Khan has said that he wants to prepare boxers in Pakistan who can fight and win medals for the country in Olympics and other international events.

"I want Pakistani boxers to win medals in Olympics and other international championships," Khan said while talking to media after a training session with local players at Amir Khan Boxing Academy in the Pakistan Sports Complex here on Friday.

It has been 24 years since Pakistan has won a medal in the Olympics. The seven players who contested in the this year's Rio games were all knocked out before qualifying for the final round.

"Young people in Pakistan want to become boxers," the British boxer said.

As a sponsor for the academy, Khan said he wanted to do something special for promotion of boxing Pakistan.

"I am not here for any money-making scheme. What I am doing is only for Pakistan to win the medals in boxing."

Khan met Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif earlier this month, who assured him of his full support in his mission of promoting boxing and training youth in Pakistan, he told reporters.

He hoped that Pakistan would be able to produce skilled enough boxers in next few years who could go on to compete on an international level. He said he wanted to prepare a team and develop boxing structure in Islamabad.

“We need to support boxing in Pakistan, this is why I am here.”

Boxers from other cities have been invited to join his academy in Islamabad.

"People have talent and potential. We have to push them and motivate to go to the boxing ring," Khan said. “I want everyone to come to the gym and get their talent polished.”

"I hope boxing will flourish in Pakistan in coming years."

Khan also announced his intention to invite foreign coaches to his academy for training local boxers in subsequent days.

Amir Khan became Britain's youngest boxing medalist at the age of 17.

Khan, who often visits the academy during his stay in Pakistan to train the local boxers, said he was impressed to see Pakistanis taking interest in boxing.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fadwa14 For This Useful Post:

CaLmInG MeLoDy (09-02-2016)

The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Admin CaLmInG MeLoDy's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,367 Times in 868 Posts
      Mentioned
      1038 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7966 Thread(s)

Re: Amir Khan wants Pakistani boxers to bring home Olympic medals

Great g. Thnku

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread Information