SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Man and hypocrisy

UT Poet www.urdutehzeb.com/public_htmlwww.urdutehzeb.com/public_html Dr Maqsood Hasni's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      6322 Thread(s)

Man and hypocrisy

MAN AND HYPOCRISY

I am quite agreed that there is a hell of difference between hearing and seeing and, in fact, the importance of this proverb is proved when we accept everything with cogent arguments. Similarly, the process of research should not be one-sided. It is the duty of the man who conducts research, to keep in view both aspects positive as well as negative without demarcation, between the two.

Although I had a cursory meeting with Mr Wali, I came to know that, despite being a member of the upper class, he was simple- minded and gracious person. He talked very generously and never tried to prove that he belonged to an aristocratic family. Some people came to see him during our meeting he politely and cheerfully received them. Owing to his excellent, behavior, he was not a capitalist but, in fact, he was the stooe of a capitalist. Wealth and humanity could not go together.

My doubt was not based on rationality because he was really great. He had his own mills, lands and transport. Although wealth and humanity are self-contradictory yet the man, who possesses these two characteristics, ought to be dubbed as an angel. I found him well-wisher and named him “The affectionate god” I venerated him very much.

I chanced to encounter him many times after this meeting and found in him the same polite behavior and affection. If any one called him bad, I could not believe it, because I had had very lengthy meeting with him. Many workers had also described many incidents of his generosity. As I myself chanced to experience his affection there was no ground to deny them. Some of his labourers leveled some allegations against him and I regarded them as vindictive and malicious figures. Some people always feel jealous of the progress and prosperity of others. I thought, man should not pay attention to them because threw exists a difference between observation and hearsay.

One day, my former verdict about him proved unfounded. It so happened that he used to come to see his sister-in-law and many underdogs also went to him in order to have alms and he never disappointed them. He considered his sister- in-law his mother and gave her latest clothes and fruits. He regarded her husband as a celestial biped. One day, I got wind of his illegal relations with the daughter of this celestial biped. It was quite unbelievable because I did not expect such rumors about him. The other thing was that she was thirty years younger than he and a civilized person could not fall from his lofty stature.

One day, this rumor became hot potato and everybody got aware of this relations. He got married to her and tortured his wife Hazra by appointing this co-wife. Hazra co-operated with him when he was leading a life of complete penury. He used to praise her attitude of tolerance and patience and called her ‘goddess of faith’. He admire her qualities in front of his kids and friends. Now he had sublime stature in society. Hazra lost her glamour and became a slut or a hug for him on the surface of earth.

The second marriage was not an objectionable task but, in fact, Islam authorized four marriages only in case of behaving with justice. There was not any glimpse of equality and he had intense feelings of hatred for her. He told about her great authority in the house, but, in fact, she bore no liberty to do with her own will.

He managed the weddings of his poor worker’s daughter and in this content, I was aware of two incident and I did not know its real factors. After his uncivilized second marriage, he arranged the marriages of only those girls who had sexual relations with him. He had to choose his minions for their marriage so that he could continue copulations with them.

He was the owner of a vast business but he was the sharer of twenty-five percent in a mill. Other members regarded him very honest and due to this, he enjoyed great authority. One day, it dawned this ‘honest’ man had embezzled a large amount of money. His sharers cancelled his shares because he had proved a dishonest person. It was really surprising to note that a pauper had developed himself so rapidly. In this contest, shrewd people were of the view that he was unreliable by birth and got wealthy dishonestly. According to them, he was a cautious smuggler of heroin and this was also revealed one day.

The real purpose of describing all this that five senses can deceive man and every negative aspect could be wrong. Some values outwardly seem to be right but they have advantages in their nature. So there must be clear cut difference between these complicated values.

By: Maqsood Hasni
      Translated By: Najam